We've heard one-touch overclocking and Easy Button used to refer to MSI’s OC Genie instant overclocking method. Rather than rely on a BIOS setting or software application, the Z68-GD80 provides a button that engages instant overclock mode.
The result is a 4.20 GHz clock rate, regardless of the number of active CPU cores, making this the most conservative approach tested thus far. Its 1.34 V CPU core setting is also conservative, additionally making this one of the safest automatic overclocks.
OC Genie is able to use our memory’s XMP values, however, jumping straight to the board’s DDR3-2133 ratio. A 99.8 MHz base clock produces an actual data rate of 2129 MT/s.
- Is Automatic Overclocking Any Easier Or Better?
- ASRock Optimized CPU OC
- Manual Overclocking And AXTU
- Asus OC Tuner
- Manual Overclocking And TurboV EVO
- Gigabyte Smart QuickBoost
- Manual Overclocking And EasyTune6
- MSI OC Genie
- Manual Overclocking And Control Center
- Test Settings And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Crysis
- Benchmark Results: Metro 2033
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: File Compression
- Power And Heat
- Which Automatic Overclocking Technology Should You Use?