Lite-On continues to bring out burners equipped with the latest technologies. The SOHW-832S is a good example. Only the burning speed in DVD+R mode may appear to be "classic" but of course it supports double-layer technology. The writing speed is 8x for DVD+R and DVD-R, while for DVD-RW and DVD+RW it is 4x.
As is so often the case, the Taiwanese manufacturer has opted for a MediaTek chipset, which in this case is the MT1818E. It is also used in the Media Tek MT1816E.
MediaTek MT1818E + MediaTek MT1816E
The Smart-Burn technology used by Lite-On makes it possible to both protect burning against the problem of an empty memory buffer and optimize the laser beam power in relation to the quality of the blank media.
- Double-Layer Recordable DVD's Place In History
- Double-layer: The Latest Technology
- How Does It Work?
- BenQ DW-1600A
- LG GSA-4120B
- Lite-On SOHW-832S
- Test Configuration
- CD Read Tests
- Single-layer DVD Read Tests
- Double Layer DVD Read Tests
- CD-R Burning Tests
- CD-RW Writing Tests
- Single Layer DVD Writing Test
- Double Layer DVD Writing Test
- DVD-RW And DVD+RW Burning Tests