At only 39 W, the power draw of this system is very close to the record we established almost a year ago with AOpen's 915GM motherboard and a Pentium M 770.
Be ready to pay more on your energy bill if you add a discrete graphics solution. From our experience this will add another 20 W to the total system consumption, or if you go high-end, even more.
DDR2-533 At CL3-2-2-8
- Can Core Duo Dominate Low-Power Systems?
- Typical PC Energy Consumption Reviewed
- Processor Selection 101
- Efficient AMD Processors
- Why Dual Core Processors?
- The Heir Apparent: Intel Core Duo T2600
- ... And AOpen I975Xa-YDG
- AOpen I975Xa-YDG, Continued
- The King Of Efficiency: The Intel Pentium M 780
- ... And MSI 915GM Speedster
- MSI 915GM Speedster, Continued
- The Marathon Runner: AMD Turion 64 MT-40
- ... And MSI K8NGM-V
- MSI K8NGM-V, Continued
- The Desktop King: Athlon 64 X2 3800+
- ... And Biostar TForce 6100-939
- Biostar TForce 6100-939, Continued
- Test Setup
- Benchmark Results
- Energy Consumption Test Results
- Graphics Eats Energy
- PSU: OCZ Modstream 520-12U
- Conclusion: Core Duo Loses The Platform Game