You can tell which benchmarks are more heavily optimized to take advantage of parallelism. The overclocked FX-6100 and its six integer cores perform better in HandBrake and MainConcept. In those disciplines, the overclocked AMD CPU manages to just barely surpass the performance of a stock Core i5-2500K.
When it comes to iTunes and Lame, though, the FX's poor per-clock performance winds up getting it left in the dust.
- AMD's FX-6100 Gets Its Big Chance
- CPU, Motherboard, And Cooler
- Video Cards, Power Supply, And Case
- Memory, Hard Drive, And Optical Drive
- Assembly And Overclocking
- Test System And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Benchmark Results: Media Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Crysis And Just Cause 2
- Benchmark Results: F1 2010 And Metro 2033
- Power And Temperature Benchmarks
- FX-6100: A Surprising Processor Bottleneck