The story is similar when we delve into our compression-oriented tests and ABBYY's OCR application. The overclocked AMD FX-6100 can only challenge the stock Core i5-2500K in half of these tasks.
Our graphics-oriented benchmarks utilize multiple threads. However, the FX-6100 can only meet or beat the performance of a Core i5-2500K running at its stock settings when it's running at 4.5 GHz. Once overclocked, the Intel-based platform simply walks away with the wins.
- AMD's FX-6100 Gets Its Big Chance
- CPU, Motherboard, And Cooler
- Video Cards, Power Supply, And Case
- Memory, Hard Drive, And Optical Drive
- Assembly And Overclocking
- Test System And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Benchmark Results: Media Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Crysis And Just Cause 2
- Benchmark Results: F1 2010 And Metro 2033
- Power And Temperature Benchmarks
- FX-6100: A Surprising Processor Bottleneck