Performance improvements inherent to the GeForce GTX 870M continue to impress us in Far Cry 3, where that particular flavor of GK104 starts looking like the minimum performance standard for QHD-equipped machines. Most mobile gamers are going to cap out at 1920x1080 though, and even the old GeForce GTX 765M is fast enough for FHD using the High detail preset.
Gamers who prefer Ultra quality on the same 1920x1080 screens will want to step up to Nvidia's GeForce GTX 870M. Even more powerful, the 880M and 780M still aren’t fast enough to push QHD resolutions at this quality level.
- Introducing The GeForce GTX 800M-Series
- How We Test Nvidia's GeForce GTX 800M Graphics
- Results: F1 2012 And Tomb Raider
- Results: Arma 3
- Results: Battlefield 4
- Results: Far Cry 3
- Results: Metro: Last Light
- Results: 3DMark
- Power And Heat
- Average Performance And Efficiency
- Is The GeForce GTX 800M-Series A Better Buy?