Hitachi and Toshiba deliver the highest read transfer rates, reaching 108 and 107 MB/s. Seagate’s Momentus 7200.4 has a maximum of 101 MB/s, but it maintains better average and minimum results than Toshiba’s MK5056GSY.
Seagate and Toshiba change positions in the write throughput test.
The streaming reads test in Iometer confirms the results: 1. Hitachi, 2. Toshiba, 3. Seagate.
- Speedy Notebook Hard Drives
- Hitachi Travelstar 7K500 (HTS725050A9A364, 500GB)
- Toshiba MK5056GSY (500GB)
- Test Setup, Comparison Table, And Throughput Diagrams
- Benchmark Results: Throughput, Streaming, And Interface Performance
- Benchmark Results: Access Time And I/O Performance
- Benchmark Results: Application Performance (PCMark Vantage)
- Benchmark Results: Power Consumption And Efficiency