While benchmark updates prevent us from comparing today’s builds to previous SBM results, use of the same processor should make the upcoming comparison between this $2,500 system and the upcoming $1,300 build interesting. However, we can still gauge the benefit of overclocking.
A 16% overclock yielded the expected 16% performance gain in Lame MP3 encoding, but iTunes surprised us with a 22% performance difference. Shorter memory timings in the overclocked configuration might be responsible for the added performance benefit.
An average performance gain of 16% in TMPGEnc matches the overclock, while a 15% lead in Mainconcept isn’t far from expectations.
- Hot Tips For A Cool System–Or Vice Versa?
- Case And System Cooling
- Motherboard, Graphics, And Power
- CPU, Memory, And Drives
- Hardware Installation
- BIOS And Overclocking
- Test Settings
- Benchmark Results: Crysis, Far Cry 2
- Benchmark Results: Clear Sky And World In Conflict
- Benchmark Results: A/V Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Synthetic
- Power And Heat