The MHV2160BT is Fujitsu's current top 160 GB model. Though it comes with a Serial ATA/150 interface, it cannot benefit from it. Unlike Seagate's 5,400 RPM Momentus, it works at 4,200 RPM and thus does not perform very well when compared to current 5,400 RPM drives.
In addition to that, the drive uses three platters, which results in a total height of 12.5 mm, whereas most other 2.5" drives stick to the 9.5 mm height. This larger profile means that this drive cannot be used in many notebooks. However, Fujitsu's design is certainly good for external hard drive products or compact computers such as digital home systems or PVRs.
9.5 vs 12.5 mm.
- 160 GB In Your Notebook
- How To Select A Notebook Hard Drive
- Fujitsu MHV2120AH: 120 GB UltraATA
- Fujitsu MHV2120BH: 120 GB SATA
- Fujitsu MHV2160BT: 160 GB SATA
- Samsung HM040HI
- Samsung HM080JI
- Samsung HM100JC
- Seagate Momentus 5400.3
- Toshiba MK1234GAX: 120 GB UtraATA
- Test Setup
- Data Transfer Diagrams, Continued
- Data Transfer Performance
- Interface Performance
- Access Time
- I/O Performance
- I/O Performance, Continued
- PCMark05: Windows XP Startup Performance
- Conclusion: One Momentus 5400.3 To Rule Them All