There are obvious performance benefits for the faster configurations in Cinema 3D. Each clock speed increment delivers a nice performance bump, but the increase is not linear.
The same applies to Photoshop; the Phenom II X4 clearly benefits from faster clock speeds.
WinRAR is multi-threaded, while WinZIP was not optimized to take advantage of multiple processing cores. There are only small clock speed benefits in WinRAR, but they’re there.
WinZIP shows better relative performance benefits with increasing clock speed.
Deep Fritz is a multi-threaded chess application that is grateful for any additional processing core and clock speed made available to it.
- Chasing Down The Perfect Clock Speed For AMD's Phenom II X4
- AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition (BE)
- The Platform: Jetway HA07 Ultra With AMD's 790GX Chipset
- Settings: 2.8, 3.0, And 3.2 GHz
- Settings: 3.4, 3.6, And 3.8 GHz
- Speed And Voltage Table, Test Setup And Components
- Performance Results: Games
- Performance Results: PCMark And 3DMark Vantage
- Performance Results: Applications
- Performance Results: Audio/Video
- Idle/Peak Power Consumption Analysis
- Average And Total Power During PCMark
- Efficiency Results