Memory Bandwith Benchmark
I used SiSoft Sandra 6.0 to get some performance information about the memory interface. Everybody will agree with me that the newcomer does not seem to be a good performer. Let's check the real world benchmarks now to see how this affects everyday's software.
BAPCo SYSmark 2000
In my opinion BAPCo's SYSmark is still the best benchmarking suite to determine the overall business performance. However, the actual numbers are rather theoretical, as even a 300 MHz machine can provide enough performance for processing documents, spread sheets or similar stuff. The green line is the benchmark result using the integrated graphics engine of the SiS730. The blue one represents the result using a GeForce 2 Pro graphics card. As expected, the advantage of such an expensive graphics card over the integrated engine is not worth mentioning.
- SiS To Enter The Top-League Of Chipset-Makers?
- Features Of The SiS 730S Chipset
- Features Of The SiS 730S Chipset, Continued
- Block Diagram
- All-In-One Solution Or 3D Platform?
- Does Intel Have Reasons To Feel Threatened?
- Test Setup
- BAPCo SYSmark 2000 - Windows 98
- MDK2 Demo
- Quake III Arena