Microsoft just announced the Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2 earlier this week. Though the tablets aren't due out for a few more weeks, Microsoft is already accepting pre-orders and advertising its new generation of Surface. The company released a commercial for the Surface 2 and is foregoing any fancy footwork or comedy to focus on the features.
The company's first Surface commercials featured a lot of dancing and folks 'clicking' their keyboard covers into place. A second ad highlighted features other than 'the click,' and it looks like Microsoft is sticking to that style. The company's new commercial praises the keyboard cover, slim design, operating system, and portability. Check it out below and let us know what you think!
The Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2 were announced earlier this month and will launch in October. The Surface 2 will run Windows RT 8.1 and boasts a 10.6-inch ClearType Full HD display. It also comes with support for microSD, USB 3.0, and HD video out. The tablet comes in two variations, 32 GB or 64 GB, and ships with Office 2013 RT and 200 GB of SkyDrive storage (for two years). The brand new Surface Pro 2 packs a full version of Windows 8.1 Pro, a 10.6-inch ClearType Full HD display, support for microSD, USB 3.0, and mini DisplayPort. Both 64 GB and 128 GB capacities are available with 4 GB of RAM, while the 256 and 512 GB capacities will each have 8 GB of RAM. Availability in 21 markets is expected on October 22.
Check out our Surface 2 coverage below:
- Surface 2: A Look at the Hardware Inside
- Surface Type Cover 2: Thinner and Sensitive Under Pressure
- Microsoft Surface 2: We Go Hands On
- Microsoft Surface 2 Event Live Blog
- Microsoft Surface Pro 2: We Go Hands On
- Here's the UK Pricing for Microsoft's New Surface Tablets
- Microsoft Announces Two New Surface 2 Tablets
- Microsoft Announces New Touch Covers, Power Cover and Dock