We’ve seen how three-way SLI boosts gaming performance, but do we really need X58's PCI Express connectivity to realize those gains? Using three GTX 480s, we pit the latest P55/NF200 solution from ECS against a powerful X58-based incumbent to find out.
With separate CPU and GPU performance statistics, 3DMark is probably the most accurate way to show performance parity between two different platforms that use similar technology.
Swapping back and forth within the “margin of error,” our X58 and P55+NF200 configurations prove perfectly matched for the purposes of today’s review.
- Three-Way Goes Mainstream?
- The P55 Challenger
- The P55 Challenger, Continued
- The X58 Defender
- Test Settings And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark
- Benchmark Results: Alien Vs. Predator
- Benchmark Results: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Benchmark Results: Crysis
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 2
- Benchmark Results: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat
- Performance Analysis
- Power And Efficiency