The effort was long and painful, but it was worth the wait. After months in the final development stages, Lumileds technology is finally ready for the market. Announced with much hullabaloo at Cebit 2005, LED backlighting has pushed back the limits of LCD technology, both in terms of color rendering and longevity. Read on and you'll learn all you need to know about this new technology.
Lumileds: The Avant-Garde
Lumileds has a lofty goal: solving all the problems inherent in static displays on LCD monitors. In other words, the goal is not to improve responsiveness, but to work on color rendering and the richness of hues. Before we show how they do it, we should discuss what the inherent problems are in LCD technology. We won't repeat all of what we said in our article that looked at LCD vs. plasma technology , but here's a short refresher course.
- NEC MultiSync 2180WG-LED
- What Traditional LCD Offers
- The Promise Of Lumileds
- NEC SpectraView 2180WG-LED: Superlatives
- NEC SpectraView 2180WG-LED: Ultra-High Fidelity
- NEC SpectraView 2180WG-LED: Ultra-High Fidelity, Continued
- Spatial Uniformity
- NEC SpectraView 2180WG-LED: Less Than Ideal Response Time
- In Practice