- Articles & News
- For IT Pros
- Your Opinion
Ed: If you've stumbled on these contest rules and don't know where they came from, please check out our coverage of AMD's Phenom II X4 42 Black Edition TWKR processor.
Tom’s Hardware AMD TWKR Processor Contest
Send entries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include "amd twkr contest" in the subject field.
1. Eligibility: US (excluding RI) and Canadian residents 18 years or older as of the entry dates stated below. Winners (2) determined by Bestofmedia. No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase does not increase your odds of winning. Void where prohibited.
2. The official contest Sponsors are Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD), with an office at One AMD Place, P.O. Box 3453, Sunnyvale, California 94088-3453 and Bestofmedia LLC, USA (“Bestofmedia”), with an office at 10559 Jefferson Blvd., Suite A, Culver City, CA 90232, USA.
3. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The contest is subject to federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
4. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsors may, at their sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) award the prizes according to the Judging Criteria from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsors reserve the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsors to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
5. The Contest:
a. There will be one contest, which will run from June 30, 2009 (12:01 am PST, GMT -8) through July 12, 2009 (11:59 pm PST, GMT -8).
b. There will be two contest winners. Each winner will receive an AMD TWKR processor.
c. Contestants register for the contest by submitting an entry by email to email@example.com for a random drawing. Include "amd twkr contest" in the subject field.
d. The email must contain the entrant’s legal name, email address and telephone number. The telephone number will be used only to notify a winner, if there is an email failure.
e. Bestofmedia editorial staff will conduct the random drawing.
f. A contest registrant may win only one of the two prizes.
g. Submission of a contest entry implies the contestant has read these rules.
6. Each AMD TWKR processors is valued at $999. The total value of the two processors offered in this contest is $1,998.
7. All prize winners are responsible for taxes and other surcharges on the prizes they win.
8. Requirements of a Potential Winner: Except where prohibited, a potential Winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit (or declaration) of eligibility and a liability/publicity release. In addition, a potential Winner may be required to sign a release in which he/she irrevocably assigns and transfers to the Sponsors any and all rights, title and interest in Entry, including, without limitation, all copyrights and trademark rights, and waives all moral rights in the Entry. Documents must be signed and returned to the Sponsors within seven (7) days of being notified. If a potential Winner fails to sign and return the required documents within the required time period or is otherwise ineligible to receive the prize, an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place according to the selection procedures set forth above.
9. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Bestofmedia, other companies associated with promotion of the contest, and each of their subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors that may prevent an entrant from submitting an entry; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury, death, or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize.
10. Participation in the Contest constitutes an entrant’s consent to the Sponsors’ use of his/her name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
11. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE TOM’S HARDWARE AMD TWKR 42 CPU CONTEST, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF ANY COMPUTER, COMPUTER PLATFORM, OR COMPUTER PARTS BASED ON OR CONTAINING ANY PRIZES I MAY BE AWARDED (IF ANY), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THEIR USE IN ANY OVERCLOCKING ACTIVITY, IS AT MY SOLE RISK. THE PRIZES AND RELATED DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND AND AMD EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. AMD DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE PRIZES WILL MEET PARTICIPANT’S REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT OPERATION WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. THE PARTICIPANT ASSUMES THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE RESULTS AND PERFORMANCE OF ANY PRIZE. FURTHERMORE, AMD DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE PRIZES, OR RELATED DOCUMENTATION IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, CURRENTNESS, OR OTHERWISE. SHOULD A PRIZE PROVE DEFECTIVE, PARTICIPANT (AND NOT AMD OR AMD'S AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE) ASSUMES THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
Special Warning Regarding Overclocking. By participating in Tom’s Hardware AMD TWKR 42 CPU Contest, you understand and agree to the following, which applies to any computers, computer platforms, or computer parts used in connection with any prizes that may be awarded, including my own computers or parts (if any): WARNING: AMD and ATI processors are intended to be operated only within their associated specifications and factory settings. Operating an AMD or ATI processor outside of official AMD specifications or outside of factory settings, including but not limited to the conducting of overclocking (including use of overclocking software, even if such software has been directly or indirectly provided by AMD or is otherwise affiliated in any way with AMD), may damage a processor and/or lead to other problems, including but not limited to, damage to system components (including motherboard and components thereon (e.g. memory)), system instabilities (e.g. data loss and corrupted images), reduction in system performance, shortened processor, system component and/or system life and in extreme cases, total system failure. AMD does not provide support or service for issues or damages related to use of an AMD or ATI processor outside of official AMD specifications or outside of factory settings. You may also not receive support or service from your board or system manufacturer. Please make sure you have saved all important data before using overclocking software. DAMAGES CAUSED BY USE OF AN AMD OR ATI PROCESSOR OUTSIDE OF OFFICIAL AMD SPECIFICATIONS OR OUTSIDE OF FACTORY SETTINGS ARE NOT COVERED UNDER ANY AMD PRODUCT WARRANTY AND MAY NOT BE COVERED BY YOUR BOARD OR SYSTEM MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY. See End User License Agreement under AMD OverDrive or the applicable AMD overclocking utility for details.