Board Revision: 1.0
BIOS Version: 1.0 (22. August 2002)
Similar to Asus, MSI places much importance on having the longest list of features possible. Among the features are the PCI sound chip from C-Media, the Gigabit-Ethernet controller from Broadcom, a Serial ATA controller from Promise, a FireWire controller from VIA, and a bluetooth module that is excellent for connecting with mobile phones and other devices.
MSI refuses to be defeated by anyone, and so it provides all the accessories that you could ever want, starting with a combined USB/Bluetooth module, to a FireWire adapter cable, Serial ATA cable, ribbon cable, all the way to the user guides (installation, main guide, IDE RAID).
Even the board from MSI comes with integrated Ethernet adapter for 10, 100 or even 1000 Mbit/s (Gigabit-Ethernet).
- Bringing Hope: Athlon XP 2600+
- Consistent Development: From KT266 To KT333 And KT400
- The Trend: Gigabit-Ethernet On Board
- With DDR400 Into The Future? DDR Memory Based On PC3200 Standard
- With 150 MB/s: Serial ATA
- The Boards
- Gigabyte GA-7VAXP
- MSI KT4 Ultra
- QDI KuDoZ 7X
- Test Setup
- Benchmark Results
- DirectX 7 Benchmark: Unreal Tournament
- Low-Level Benchmark: SiSoft Sandra 2002 Pro
- BAPCo SYSmark 2002
- 3D-Rendering Performance: SPECviewperf 7.0
- Conclusion: No Advantages Compared To DDR333!
- Features Table