3DMark scales linearly with clock rates here. Although there’s a definite relationship between frequency and performance, the difference between the fastest overclocked model and reference isn’t as significant as the price spread.
Crysis 2 demonstrates a spread similar to 3DMark 11. The degree of overclocking applies has less effect as the resolution increases, which is, unfortunately, the opposite of what someone buying a high-end card would want to see.
- Different Is Good
- Gigabyte GV-N580SO-15I Super Overclock
- MSI N580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
- Calibre X580 Captain
- Zotac GeForce GTX 580 AMP²! Edition
- Test System And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark 11 And Crysis 2
- Benchmark Results: Aliens Vs. Predator And Metro 2033
- Overclocking Benchmarks
- Power, Temperature, And Noise Benchmarks