A quick look at test averages will reveal the overall standing of each graphics solution from today’s tests.
Gigabyte’s 2 GB card gained less than 1% from its added RAM, though there were two tests where its 2560x1600 results were a little more impressive: Tom Clancy’s HAWX and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky.
Gigabyte usually claims some type of power advantage for its designs, and its GeForce GTX 285 did save a few watts under full load. Power consumption for the GeForce GTX 295 is fairly high. Actually, really high. But we’d expect that to happen whenever more than one power-hungry graphics processor is used.
- Wasn't 1 GB Already Enough?
- Comparison Cards: When 1 GB Is Greater Than 1.8 GB
- Test Settings
- Benchmark Results: Crysis
- Benchmark Results: Far Cry 2
- Benchmark Results: Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X
- Benchmark Results: Left 4 Dead
- Benchmark Results: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
- Benchmark Results: World In Conflict
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark Vantage
- Performance Summary and Power