Let's see how much faster Coppermine's new enhancements are over the 'good old' Katmai core. I decided to have some mercy with Intel and used the results scored on a preliminary and unavailable i820-platform for the 133 MHz FSB scores.
Coppermine scores a respectable 10% more in office applications and for some reason in Q3Test as well. I fully understand the gain in Sysmark98, but the only explanation I've got for the high Q3Test-scores is GeForce's driver. I wouldn't be too surprised if NVIDIA already used an early version of Intel's upcoming compiler for their drivers. It could be Id's software too though.
- Stress Creates Mistakes
- Coppermine's New Enhancements
- Coppermine's New Enhancements, Continued
- What Coppermines Will Be Available?
- The Benchmark Results
- Direct Comparison Of Preliminary Intel I820 And VIA Apollo Pro 133+-platform
- Direct Comparison Of Katmai And Coppermine Core
- Overall Processor Comparison
- Office Application Performance Under Windows NT4
- Floating Point Calculation Performance
- Gaming Performance Quake3
- Gaming Performance Descent3 - OpenGL
- Gaming Performance Descent3 - DirectX
- Gaming Performance Dagoth Moor Zoological Gardens