These are the performance per Watt-hour results for PCMark Vantage. The differences are small, but the overclocked setting at 3.6 GHz clock speed provides the best ratio between high performance and power consumption. It is interesting to see that the 3.0 GHz Phenom II X4 940 offers better power efficiency than the 2.8 GHz Phenom II X4 920 (2.8 GHz).
We put the results into a more visual chart. You can clearly see that the PCMark Vantage score per Watt-hour keeps increasing up to the 3.6 GHz setting, but drops considerably at 3.8 GHz. This means that 3.8 GHz do not make sense anymore from a power efficiency standpoint.
- Chasing Down The Perfect Clock Speed For AMD's Phenom II X4
- AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition (BE)
- The Platform: Jetway HA07 Ultra With AMD's 790GX Chipset
- Settings: 2.8, 3.0, And 3.2 GHz
- Settings: 3.4, 3.6, And 3.8 GHz
- Speed And Voltage Table, Test Setup And Components
- Performance Results: Games
- Performance Results: PCMark And 3DMark Vantage
- Performance Results: Applications
- Performance Results: Audio/Video
- Idle/Peak Power Consumption Analysis
- Average And Total Power During PCMark
- Efficiency Results