The 3.4 GHz setting still was reliable at automatic CPU voltage settings. The Jetway system nevertheless applied 1.375 V (CPU-Z shows 1.392 V).
Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.6 GHz
The 3.6 GHz setting required a slight increase in CPU core voltage to 1.40 V, as the 1.375 V that was applied by the automatic mode didn’t gurantee stability.
Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.8 GHz
3.8 GHz was the fastest reliable setting for our Phenom II X4 940, and we had to increase the core voltage to 1.5 V to realize stability. Unfortunately, we were not able to hit 4.0 GHz no matter which voltage we chose.
- Chasing Down The Perfect Clock Speed For AMD's Phenom II X4
- AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition (BE)
- The Platform: Jetway HA07 Ultra With AMD's 790GX Chipset
- Settings: 2.8, 3.0, And 3.2 GHz
- Settings: 3.4, 3.6, And 3.8 GHz
- Speed And Voltage Table, Test Setup And Components
- Performance Results: Games
- Performance Results: PCMark And 3DMark Vantage
- Performance Results: Applications
- Performance Results: Audio/Video
- Idle/Peak Power Consumption Analysis
- Average And Total Power During PCMark
- Efficiency Results