4 KB Random Reads
Zalman’s new N-series SSD doesn’t beat other SandForce drives and has to concede defeat to Intel and Crucial, but it is much faster compared to the RAID array consisting or two or four Kingston SSDNow V 30 GB SSDs.
The results are almost repeated by CrystalDiskMark.
4 KB Random Writes
The Zalman N-series SSD does amazingly well in the 4 KB random writes test, but none of the Kingston-powered setups are very convincing.
- Should You Go For SSD RAID?
- Kingston SSDNow V 30 GB (RAID 0)
- SandForce SSD: Zalman N-Series
- SSD RAID Configuration Issues
- Test Setup
- Benchmark Results: Access Time And I/O Performance
- Benchmark Results: Throughput, IOMeter Streaming, CrystalDiskMark
- Benchmark Results: 4 KB Random Reads/Writes
- Benchmark Results: 512 KB Random Reads/Writes
- Benchmark Results: PCMark Vantage Storage Test