Our new scoring system allows us to see the winner as well as a basic sense of scale between the browser's performances.
|Placing||Web Browser||Point Score|
For the first time in a while, the slim margin of victory favors Chrome over Firefox. The addition of HTML5 hardware acceleration introduced in version 18 and continued high scores in performance testing allow Chrome 20 to regain the Windows 7 Web Browser Grand Prix Championship, making Chrome the most-winningest browser for this operating system once again. Congratulations, Google!
Stay tuned this summer, we'll be taking the series into completely new territory with mobile editions of the Web Browser Grand Prix for Android and iOS.
Follow Adam on Twitter.
- The Top Five Browsers, Tested And Ranked
- Chrome, Firefox, IE9, Opera, And Safari
- Test System Specs And Software Setup
- Test Suite And Methodology
- Startup Time
- Page Load Time
- DOM And CSS Performance
- HTML5 Performance
- Hardware Acceleration
- Plug-In Performance: Flash, Java, Silverlight
- Memory Efficiency
- Reliability, Responsiveness, And Security
- Standards Conformance
- Test Analysis
- Crowning A Windows 7 WBGP Champion