Test System And Measurements
- Processor: Pentium 4 at 2.4 GHz
- Memory: 512 MB DDR333
- Hard disk: 40 GB 7200 RPM
- Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 5700
- Audio chipset: SoundMax Digital Audio
- OS: Windows XP Pro SP2
- DirectX: 9.0c
We tested only CD format (16 bits / 44.1 kHz), since Instant Music can't convert to 24-bit sound. But CD format is sufficient for dubbing analog vinyl discs and cassettes to your computer.
- Frequency response (dB) : +0.23, -0.12
- Noise level (dB(A)) : -63.4
- Distortion (%) : 0.117
- Dynamic range (dBA) : 63.1
- Intermodulation (%) : 0.152
- Stereo separation (dB) : -71.7
Frequency response : Good results, with a few irregularities only in the upper part of the audio spectrum.
Noise level : The noise level was relatively high and showed quite a few blips. The Instant Music is sensitive to interference.
Dynamic range : The result was in conformity with the results for noise level.
Total Harmonic Distortion : Distortion was high and well above the values claimed.