Write a tutorial and you could win a Nexus 7 tablet or an Amazon gift card!
We're pleased to announce the Tom's Hardware Tutorial Contest which will run from October 1st to December 31st! Every Monday, Tom's Hardware will award prizes to the Top 10 tutorial authors from that week, with the user with the most tutorials receiving a $50 Amazon Gift Card and the 9 that follow receiving $10 Amazon Gift Cards each. A bonus $10 gift card will be applied to any authors in the Top 10 who wrote more than 3 tutorials in that week. At the end of the month on the 30th, the participant who wrote the most tutorials for that month will win a new Google Nexus 7 tablet!
There's no limit to the amount of gift cards you can win, but you can only win one Google Nexus 7 tablet throughout the duration of the contest. The singular consideration is the number of quality tutorials created, with a tie-breaker based on the number of Reads.
What: The Tutorials Contest
When: October 1st through December 31st
Where: The Tutorials Contest Landing Page
Who: Any registered Tom's Hardware user
How: Post a Tutorial!
What: Prizes are-
• Google Nexus 7 Tablets
• $50 Amazon Gift Cards
• $10 Amazon Gift Cards
Before being awarded for a tutorial, the tutorial must be approved by the Community Manager and Senior Moderators. Valid Tutorials meet the following requirements:
• Must include steps-by-step instructions or bullet points.
• Must be useful, and not be stupid easy (ie- how to resize a jpg)
• Must include at least one image or screenshot.
• Must not be plagiarized. Copy/pasting from elsewhere is disallowed.
• Must be unique, and cannot duplicate tutorial topics already existing. Once a topic is taken, it is taken.
• Must not be short (minimum around 250 words).
• Must not be a disguised advertisement (ie- for a single app).
Tutorials rejected will be removed, and will not count. For a good review on how to write a great tutorial, check out the Guide to Tutorials here.
Happy posting, and good luck to all participants!