Futuremark's metric leans toward Gigabyte, with wins in both 3DMark and PCMark Vantage.
Most of the real-world benchmarks showed little difference between boards, making the somewhat-noticeable leadership in Sandra Arithmetic noteworthy for DFI and Asus.
All four motherboard reported dual-channel mode enabled, at DDR3-1333 CAS 8-8-8-24 1T timings, yet Sandra showed a significant difference in memory bandwidth. This appears to be a software issue, since Asus’ score increased noticeably each time we retested it while others didn’t exhibit similar behavior.
- 790FX Is Still The King
- Socket AM3 Motherboard Features Comparison
- Asus M4A79T Deluxe
- DFI LANParty DK 790FXB-M3H5
- Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
- MSI 790FX-GD70
- Test Settings
- Benchmark Results: 3D Games
- Benchmark Results: A/V Encoding And Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Synthetic
- Overclocking, Power, And Heat