Now, for one of the most demanding titles available: Metro 2033.
The Trinity-based system almost achieves passable average frame rates at 1024x768, but its minimums are too low. As you can see in the frames-over-time chart, the results are quite close for the majority of the benchmark. This might mean that the game is GPU-limited on Intel’s Core i5-2450M, and CPU-limited on the APUs.
Clearly, this game requires something that none of this mobile hardware can provide.
- AMD’s Next APU: Trinity
- The CPU Side: An All-New Piledriver Core
- The GPU Side: VLIW4 > VLIW5
- All Together Now: The Trinity APU
- Products And Platforms
- Test Setup And Benchmarks
- Graphics Benchmarks: 3DMark
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 3
- Benchmark Results: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Benchmark Results: Crysis 2
- Benchmark Results: Metro 2033
- CPU Benchmarks: PCMark And Sandra 2012
- CPU Benchmarks: Productivity
- CPU Benchmarks: Content Creation
- CPU Benchmarks: Media Encoding
- APU Enhanced Software And The User Experience
- Power Consumption
- Tripling Your Pleasure With Trinity?