WinRAR and WinZip scale nicely with faster clock speeds. However, WinRAR clearly benefits a lot from its thread optimization, as it takes much less time to compress the same set of data we use for this benchmark.
Photoshop proves that clock speed is still king. Each speed increment translates into quicker image processing time for our benchmark, which applies six different filters to a 69 MB TIFF image.
Pinnacle Studio works better on quad-core processors, as the clock speed overclocking does not introduce significant performance benefits.
Premiere runs faster on the much overclocked Core 2 Duo. However, the performance gains aren’t too significant.
The same applies to Cinema 4D. It renders more quickly, but a multi-core processor would give you much better performance.
- Perfect Overclocking: Balanced Power And Performance
- Processor: Core 2 Duo E8600
- Platform: MSI P45D3 Neo-F (P45)
- Test Details and Overclocking
- Test Setup And Synthetic Benchmarks
- Game Benchmarks
- Audio/Video Benchmark Results
- Application Benchmark Results
- Power Consumption Results
- Efficiency Results