You will always find a couple of errors in any game, but crashes hardly occur and the game with Patch 1.5.04 is very stable. There are problems trying to save a game, however — after hours of gaming, upon Stalker returning back to the base camp of Clear Sky and trying to save the game, two in four times we were not able to reload that game later on. When we saved anywhere outside of the Clear Sky base camp this error never occurred.
Weapons and armor can be stored in different boxes all over the map. Normally, the game remembers the contents of these boxes, but although the weapons were still there when we checked back, stored pistols or rifles lost their upgrades and were only in the standard configuration when retrieved.
If an anomaly that’s far away creates distortions, the HD 4870 transfers this to objects the foreground.
With DirectX 10 illumination (extended dynamic illumination of objects) the HD 3870 shows significant image errors for all the ground objects. The sky, however, is problem-free. As soon as you switch down to dynamic illumination (DirectX 9), this error goes away.
At maximum illumination rain might lead to flickering triangles. This problem appeared before in Shadow of Chernobyl and used to be fixable by reconfirming the graphics settings. This doesn’t work in Clear Sky, so the image error remains, though it doesn’t always occur. The best solution is to restart the game.
- Update Or A New Game?
- Day And Night
- Light And Shadow
- Details And People
- Equipment And Inventory
- Here’s How You Play Stalker
- PDA And War Of The Factions
- Upgrades Make Life Easier
- Anomalies Make Life Harder
- Test--The Benefit Of Changing Resolutions?
- Test--Graphics Menu And Quality Settings
- Graphics Menu Rendering Mode
- Rain Test
- Sun Test
- Water Test
- Light Test
- Test--The Benefit Of Changing Range Of View
- Test System And Performance Comparison
- Performance Comparison--Extended Dynamic Illumination Of Objects
- Performance Comparison--Dynamic Illumination Of Objects
- Performance Sorted By Resolution And Anti-aliasing Setting
- Test--Picture Quality Of HD 4870 and GTX 260
- Picture Errors and Problems in the Game
- Conclusion--A Better Shooter Due To Upgrade System for Weapons