Nero CD Speed also confirms the very good extraction performance of this drive.
Seek times, at exactly 82 milliseconds, are average. Maximum extraction rate is a very good 42.04x. The drive delivers an accurate datastream and DAE quality achieves a top rating of 10.
|Original Audio-CD||Average Reading Speed||Start Reading Speed||End Reading Speed||Seek Times Random||Seek Times 1/3||Seek Times Full||DAE Quality||Accurate Stream|
|Liteon LXR24101A||30.83X||20.06X||40.81X||90 ms||109 ms||173 ms||10||Yes|
|Waitec Frisby II||31.75X||20.27X||42.04X||82 ms||94 ms||167 ms||10||Yes|
|Yamaha CRW-F1UX||32.20X||19.31X||42.19X||119 ms||141 ms||266 ms||10||Yes|
The final, advanced DAE quality test with Nero CD Speed shows that the drive is able to read CD text, sub-channel data, even lead-in and lead-out. There really isn't much else you could ask a writer/rewriter to do.
In comparison with the competition, the following picture emerges :
|Enhanced DAE Quality-Test||Read Lead-In||Read Lead-Out||Read CD-Text||Read Subchannel Data||Average Speed|
|Waitec Frisby II||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||28,91X|
- Fast, Mobile Burning - The FrisbyII From Waitec
- Features And Write Modes
- Test Setup And Benchmarks
- Read Performance Part I: Data
- CD-RW Read Speeds
- DAE With EAC
- DAE With Nero CD Speed
- Read Performance Part III: Scratched CDs
- Data, Audio And Error Read Performance - Summary Of Results
- Writing Performance, Part II - Packet Writing To CD-RW
- Writing Quality And Media Compatibility, Continued
- Summary: Writing Quality With CD-R And CD-RW Media
- Backup Copies Of Protected Audio CDs, Continued