There are no benefits with virus checking using AVG.
3DS Max benefits from low latency memory, but it can also take slight advantage of high clock speeds. If you have to choose, pick the lower latency RAM.
The normal margin of error from one benchmark run to the next prevents drawing a conclusion on this benchmark. The fastest memory is best, but slow memory with tight timings doesn’t do bad either.
There is no need to reconsider your memory options here; if you use Photoshop a lot, you can pick almost any RAM.
WinRAR is very memory sensitive, and delivers nice time savings with faster memory. For this benchmark, high memory speed is more important than tight timings.
WinZip doesn’t compress the same amount of data as quickly as WinRAR, hence the few seconds’ difference between the fastest and the slowest memory configuration are less relevant. But again, fast RAM clock speed is most important.
- Which RAM Speed Is Best For Core i7?
- Core i7, Platform, And Memory Details
- RAM Speeds And Timings In Detail
- Test Setup
- Benchmark Results: Synthetic, Encryption Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Audio/Video Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: 3D & Game Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Application Benchmarks
- Normalized Results: Synthetic, Video, Game Benchmarks
- Normalized Results: Application Benchmarks