For the category "Office Performance" the MSI 850 Pro 2 takes the gold in the Sysmark 2000 discipline with 242 points. DFI hobbles along in the rear with 221 points.
OpenGL Performance: Quake 3 Arena
MSI's high CPU clock speed is still not sufficient to push it to the top in the Quake 3 benchmark. The Asus P4T is somewhat faster.
Direct3D Performance: Unreal Tournament
In the Unreal Tournament benchmark we have the same placing: The Asus P4T is a nose-length ahead of the other candidates.
- Pricey Foundations: Boards With An Intel 850 Chipset
- Pricey Foundations: Boards With An Intel 850 Chipset, Continued
- Abit TH7: Features Galore
- Aopen AX4T: A Plate Combats Electromagnetic Radiation
- Asus P4T: High Performance
- DFI WT70-EC: No Strengths, No Weaknesses
- Elitegroup P4ITA: Now Stable, And Faster [Updated]
- Epox EP-4T2A: Good Average
- Gigabyte GA-8TX: Very Costly And Slow
- MSI MS-6523: Performance Leader, Via Overclocking
- QDI Platinix 4: Reserved Refinement
- Testing Configuration
- Office Performance: Sysmark 2000 Patch 5
- OpenGL Performance: SPECviewperf 6.1.2
- Conclusion: Fast, Stable And Expensive - Socket 423 Bites The Dust