This is where we may begin to see some benefit from the perpendicular recording process. In terms of read transfer rates, of these three drives the Seagate has one of the most impressive scores, surpassing all contenders save the Raptor WD1500AD. The speed is a surprise, but since perpendicular recording deals with a smaller data area, it theoretically should provide faster access and better throughput even at a lower RPM. For a 750 GB to achieve these numbers is no small feat.
Check out our Interactive Hard Drive Charts to compare the new 750 and 500 GB drives with all other hard drives tested to date!
- 750 And 500 GB Drives By Seagate, Maxtor, Western Digital
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 750 GB
- Maxtor DiamondMax 11 500 GB
- Western Digital Caviar WD5000KS 500 GB
- Technical Data
- Data Transfer Diagrams
- Access Time
- Interface Bandwidth
- Read Transfer Performance
- Write Transfer Performance
- Surface Temperature
- Application Performance
- I/O Performance