On this page you will find results of our real-life data copy test. We included diagrams that show the duration of the test run as well as the throughput in MB/s.
This is interesting: if you copy a DVD image with multiple gigabyte files off the two drives you will have to wait roughly one minute with USB 2.0 or only 15 seconds with eSATA.
- USB/FireWire/eSATA: 2.5” And 3.5” Storage Options
- USB 2.0: Hitachi SimpleDrive III 2TB
- eSATA/FireWire/USB 2.0: G-Technology G-Drive 1TB
- Test Setup And Throughput Diagrams
- Benchmark Results: Access Time And Throughput
- Benchmark Results: Video, Photo, Mixed-Files Read Test
- Benchmark Results: Video, Photo, Mixed-Files Write Test