Between the operating system patches to address lightly-threaded applications and the HPC firmware switch to benefit performance in more thoroughly-threaded workloads, we expected to see at least small improvements in our audio encoding suite. Unfortunately, we didn’t.
At a minimum, we expected MainConcept to benefit from HPC mode. But again, we see no discernable performance improvements indicating the effectiveness of AMD’s updates.
- Scheduling, Core Parking, And Throttling, Oh My!
- Test Settings And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 3 And Metro 2033
- Benchmark Results: Skyrim And StarCraft II
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Power, Heat, And Efficiency
- Minimal Gains, But Hope Remains For AMD's FX