Blizzard announced on Tuesday the global launch events for World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria on September 24. Key retailers in the US, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Spain, Sweden, the UK, Brazil, Mexico, Chile, and the region of Taiwan will have festivities and offer attendees early retail access to the upcoming expansion pack. Members of the World of Warcraft development team will even be on hand at many of the official launch events to meet players and sign their copies of the game.
For those living in or near Irvine, California, Blizzard's launch party will take place at 9 p.m. at the Giant Wheel Court at the Irvine Spectrum Center on September 24. Attendees will be treated to a stage presentation featuring an evening of activities, special guests, giveaways, and entertainment -- including a "challenge-mode challenge" between Blizzard employees and members of the community -- before the expansion goes on sale at midnight.
"We can't wait to meet up with players around the world and celebrate with them at the official launch events," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "A lot of hard work and long hours went into making Mists of Pandaria a truly epic expansion, so we're really looking forward to coming together and having some fun with the community before everyone takes off for the new continent."
In addition to Blizzard’s California house party, other retail locations around the country will open at midnight local time to sell early copies of the expansion as soon as it's available (as always, check with local retailers for further details). Up for sale will be the $39.99 standard edition, and the $79.99 Collector's Edition which includes the following:
* A World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria behind-the-scenes DVD and Blu-ray two-disc set including over an hour of developer interviews and commentary
* The World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Collector's Edition soundtrack CD
* The Art of Mists of Pandaria, a 208-page hardback tome including never-before-seen artwork from the development process
* World of Warcraft Imperial Quilen flying mount and Lucky Quilen Cub pet, StarCraft II Battle.net portraits, and Diablo III banner sigil and accent
* A special-edition World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria mouse pad featuring Chen Stormstout, the legendary pandaren brewmaster
Players will also be able to purchase an activation code for the Digital Deluxe edition of the expansion (suggested retail price $59.99) at select retailers. The Digital Deluxe edition includes a full digital copy of Mists of Pandaria as well as the digital items from the retail exclusive Collector's Edition.
For more information about World of Warcraft and Mists of Pandaria, visit http://www.worldofwarcraft.com.