Qualcomm Reveals Quick Charge, Powers Devices 40% Faster
Over 70 Qualcomm-based smartphones and tablets sport Quick Charge 1.0.
Qualcomm has revealed its Quick Charge 1.0 technology, which powers devices 40 percent faster than previous generations.
The semiconductor firm announced that the technology resides in more than 70 smartphones and tablets powered by its Snapdragon processors.
A Quick Charge could fully charge a device under three hours, while other devices without the Quick Charge 1.0 technology installed could take over four hours. Qualcomm's technology is made possible via a power management integrated circuit (PMIC) that works through the USB connector.
Some of the devices that feature Quick Charge 1.0 include (full list can be seen on Qualcomm's site):
- HTC 8X, Droid DNA, Evo 4G LTE, One S, One VX, One SV
- LG Escape, Mach, Motion 4G, Nexus 4, Optimus G, Spectrum 2, Optimus Regard
- Motorola Atrix HD LTE, Droid RAZR HD, Droid RAZR M, Electrify M, Photon Q 4G LTE, Droid RAZR Maxx HD
- Pantech Flex
- Nokia Lumia 820, 822, 920
- ZTE/Sprint Flash
- Samsung Galaxy Express, Rugby Pro, Galaxy S Relay 4G, Galaxy S III, Galaxy Victory 4G, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 LTE, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 LTE, Galaxy Tab 7.7 Plus
- Sony Xperia TL