The $800 build beats my $1,000 combination of parts under Skyrim’s High quality preset. But a shift to Ultra quality puts the two very similar systems back in check.
The $600 PC plays smoothly through its highest-quality settings at 1920x1080, where testing stopped. While 2560x1600 results might have been interesting, we doubt many gamers are going to spend one and a half times more on a monitor than their PC.
- In Search Of The Best Possible Value
- Hardware, Software, And Overclock Settings
- Results: 3DMark And PCMark
- Results: SiSoftware Sandra
- Results: Battlefield 3
- Results: F1 2012
- Results: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Results: Far Cry 3
- Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Results: Adobe Creative Suite
- Results: Productivity
- Results: File Compression
- Power Consumption And Efficiency
- Where's The Value Sweet Spot?