The December PC breezes through all of these workloads far quicker than this quarter's build, with the exception of WinZip file compression.
Not surprisingly, when we lose half of our cores, the performance of threaded apps like Photoshop gets cuts nearly in half. Tighter memory timings are of little consolation (or of little help) outside of small improvements in ABBYY FineReader. So, our overclocked data sets basically mimic stock results.
- A Pure Gaming Machine
- CPU And Cooler
- Motherboard And Memory
- Graphics Card And Hard Drive
- Case, Power Supply, And Optical Drive
- Assembling Our Budget-Oriented Beast
- Making The Most Of Limited Overclocking
- Test System Configuration And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Battlefield 3 And StarCraft II
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 3 And The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Benchmark Results: Crysis And Just Cause 2
- Benchmark Results: F1 2010 And Metro 2033
- Benchmark Results: Audio/Video
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Power Consumption And Temperatures
- Performance Summary And Efficiency
- Is It Unbalanced, Or Right For Gaming?