Overclocking the Phenom II helps decrease the time it takes to complete our workloads by 8-24%. But stepping up to the more expensive Core i5-2400 provides a 28-70% boost in performance.
It's also worth mentioning that the quad-core Core i5 cuts June system's Photoshop result in half, indicating that the application was seeing no benefit from the Core i3-2100’s two logical cores.
- Profiting From A Pricier Processor
- CPU And Cooler
- Motherboard And Memory
- Graphics Card And Hard Drive
- Case, Power Supply, And Optical Drive
- Assembly And Overclocking
- Test System Configuration And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Crysis And Just Cause 2
- Benchmark Results: F1 2010 And Metro 2033
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Power Consumption And Temperatures
- Can Core i5-2400 Justify Its Higher Cost?