By Wolfgang Gruener - March 4, 2008
AMD today released the Athlon X2 4850E, a new processor in its dual-core 45-watt portfolio. The processor is designed to operate in quiet and space-constrained environments, such as small form factor and home entertainment center (HTPC) PCs.
The 65 nm CPU is clocked at 2.5 GHz and integrates the X2's 512 MB L2 cache per core.
Pricing has not been announced.
- Intel To Add Another IGP Chipset For Centrino 2
- Tul Adds GDDR4 Memory To HD 3870 X2 Graphics Card
- Aircraft Simulators Get Multi-GPU Graphics Horsepower
- Atom Processors To Affect Both VIA And SiS As Intel Preps Own-brand Mobos For Embedded Markets
- Everlight Claims LED Backlighting In Notebook Applications To Reach 70% By 2011
- Alienware Announces Quad Desktop
- Samsung First To Ship 500 GB Notebook HDD
- Atmel And Phoenix Technologies Partner On Pre-boot Biometrics
- AMD Releases A New HTPC CPU
- AMD Announces Quad-GPU Driver Package
- Asustek Launches Workstation Motherboard With Dual CPUs
- SanDisk Introduces FlashBack Adapter As Notebook HDD Backup
- Analysis: Will AMD's Chipset Graphics Game Work?
- AMD Demos 45 Nm Processors
- Analysis: Intel's Preps Atom for World Domination
- First-tier Makers Announce GeForce 9600 Graphics Cards
- AMD Triple-core CPUs Will Be Launched To OEMs First
- AMD Reports Successful Production Of Full-field EUV Test Chip
- Qimonda Says Its on the Way to 30 nm DRAM
- Analysis: Intel Six-Core Dunnington To Usher Out FSB
- Fujitsu Announces 500 GB Notebook Hard Drive
- Intel Planning Large Drops In Old Centrino Shipments