Milestones in the AMD Athlon's development.
Here's a tip: if you want to be a really clever overclocker, buy several Athlon CPUs in one go (with the right stepping, of course) from your computer store, and then conduct your overclocking tests. Once you've found out which CPU you can overclock best, you can auction off the remaining chips on eBay, listing their maximum clock speeds.
View of the old Northbridge of the nForce 2 chipset.
View of the new Northbridge of the nForce chipset; this is the only component that runs stably at 200 MHz FSB.
- Maxed Out: Athlon XP 3200+ With FSB200
- Athlon XP 3200+: An End To Downward Compatibility?
- Athlon XP 3200+: An End To Downward Compatibility? Continued
- Zooming In On Technology: Thermal Power Loss And Voltages
- Zooming In On Technology: Thermal Power Loss And Voltages, Continued
- Memory Lane: History Of All The AMD And Intel CPUs
- Obscure Model Numbering
- Obscure Model Numbering, Continued
- Comparing All Athlon XP CPUs
- The Test Boards Up Close
- Test Setup And Details
- Benchmarks Under Windows XP
- Quake 3 Arena
- DirectX 8 Game: Unreal Tournament 2003
- 3D Mark 2001 SE
- MP3 Maker Platinum 3.04
- AV Encoding & Rendering: Pinnacle Studio 8.5
- Archiving: WinRAR 3.11
- CPU Rendering: Cinema 4D XL 8
- Office Applications: Sysmark 2002
- Office Applications: PC Mark 2002
- SiSoft Sandra 2003
- Conclusion: The Athlon XP3200+ Isn't A Hit, But A Paper Tiger