The Dominator DIMMs we had in our labs are already half a year old, which should explain why we couldn’t run the memory faster than DDR3-1850 speed - a pair of the latest modules would probably deliver better overclocking margins. Since we specifically asked for DDR3-1600+ products and not for "I want it all", we decided to wait for a new high-end shootout once several products have passed the 1 GHz line (DDR3-2000).
The CL7-7-7-20 timings of Corsair’s Dominator RAM are still top of the class, as we don’t expect 1800s to reliably support CL6 timings any time soon. The Dominator comes with the Corsair Airflow, which is a snap-on fan module you can install right above your DIMMs.
- Premium Prices And Petit Performance Prospects
- DDR3 Memory Basics
- Corsair XMS3 CM3X1024-1600C7DHX (DDR3-1600)
- Crucial Ballistix BL2KIT 12864BA1608 (DDR3-1600)
- Patriot PDC32G1600LLK (DDR3-1600)
- Chaintech Apogee AU1G733-18GP001
- Corsair Dominator CM3X1024-1800C7DIN (DDR3-1800)
- Kingston HyperX KHX14400D2K2-2G (DDR3-1800)
- Supertalent ProjectX W1800UX2GP (DDR3-1800)
- Benchmark Results
- Synthetic Benchmarks