The access time test is dominated by WD, but Samsung and Seagate are not far behind. We find it interesting to see that access time actually speed up a bit compared to previous product generations.
I/O performance is not extremely relevant for consumers, but worth considering if you multitask a lot or if you want to maximize responsiveness. Seagate and WD are equally strong in this test.
- More Capacity, More Speed
- Samsung Spinpoint MP4 (640 GB, HM640JJ)
- Seagate Momentus 7200.5 (750 GB, ST9750420AS)
- Western Digital Scorpio Black (500 GB, WD5000BEKT)
- Test Setup And Throughput Diagrams
- Benchmark Results: Throughput And Interface
- Benchmark Results: Access Time And I/O Performance
- Benchmark Results: PCMark Application Performance
- Benchmark Results: Power And Efficiency