3ds Max 9 is thread-optimized, meaning that it can capitalize on the four cores of the German system configuration, versus the dual core used by the US team.
Photoshop benefits most from the high speed dual core E8500.
WinRAR was thread-optimized, but the advantage for the Core 2 Quad Q6600 is not significant.
- Tom’s Cheap Computing Challenge--The Shootout
- Team Germany: CPU And Motherboard
- Team Germany: RAM And Graphics
- Team Germany: Hard Drive, Optical Drive
- Team Germany: Case, PSU and Cooler
- USA Versus Germany Comparison Table, Test Setup
- Results: PCMark Vantage
- 3DMark Vantage, 3D Games
- Results: Audio/Video, Applications
- Power Consumption
- Efficiency And Conclusion