Lian Li's PC-Q30 employs horizontal airflow. Cool air enters through the two openings on either side of the case and is blown out the back, along with the system’s heat, via a fan. There’s no opening at the top, which means passive cooling isn't in the cards.
|Form Factor||mini-ITX, DTX|
|Dimensions||223 mm (Width) x 357 mm (Height) x 300 mm (Depth)|
|Colors||Black or Silver (Outside and Inside are the Same)|
|Weight||2.13 kg (Completely Empty)|
2.30 kg (Empty)
| 5.25" (external)||None|
| 3.5" (internal)||None|
|2.5" (internal)||4 x 2.5" for Hard Drive/SSD|
|Case Fans||1 x 140 mm|
|I/O Ports||2 x USB 3.0 / HD Audio|
|Component Size||Graphics Card: Up to 200 mm Length and 125 mm Height (Including Power Connectors)|
PSU: Up to 125 mm Length
CPU Cooler: Up to 130 mm Height (Including Fan)
|Power Supply||SFX (Not Included)|
|Street Price||Approximately $135|
The power button on the front of the case features a blue LED to convey the system’s status and a red LED to show storage activity. It’s the same button used on many of Lian Li's other cases. There is no reset button.
The back of the enclosure's front cover exposes the attached cable, which you can detach. This actually makes installation easier, since the front cover can be set aside without detaching cables from the motherboard.
The front panel is more of a side. It sports two USB 3.0 and audio I/O (microphone input and headphone output).
The only potential issue we found was the PC-Q30’s four metal feet. They won't discolor the surface they're set on like the soft plastic ones tend to do, but they will scratch your desk if you're not careful. The lack of insulation against vibration didn't turn out to be a problem, surprisingly, due to the small footprint making contact.
- Introducing The Lian Li PC-Q30
- Technical Specifications And Features
- 360-Degree Video Of The Empty Case
- PSU: Be Quiet! SFX Power 350 W
- PSU Installation: Nimble Fingers Needed
- Installing The SSD
- Motherboard And APU: Zotac A75-ITX WiFi And AMD A10-6800K
- Processor Installation And RAM Selection
- CPU Cooler Installation: Thermalright AXP-100
- Motherboard Installation
- Fans, Temperatures, And Noise
- Performance With And Without Discrete Graphics
- Lian Li's PC-Q30 Is Small, Special, And Stylish (But Also Practical)