Call of Duty plays so fast on modern hardware that it’s difficult to call any combination a handicap, yet the performance difference is there, even if it doesn’t make the game unplayable.
The GeForce GTX 480 gives up nearly half of its performance in the worst-case scenario, which occurs at low resolutions and four-lane transfers. That difference falls to around 1/3 at higher resolutions, and x8 results are almost perfectly centered in all three graphs.
- The PCIe Bottleneck?
- Test Setup And Benchmarks
- PCIe Scaling: 3DMark Vantage
- PCIe Scaling: Alien Vs. Predator
- PCIe Scaling: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- PCIe Scaling: Crysis
- PCIe Scaling: DiRT 2
- PCIe Scaling: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat
- PCIe Scaling Summary
- SLI Scaling: 3DMark Vantage
- SLI Scaling: Alien Vs. Predator
- SLI Scaling: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- SLI Scaling: Crysis
- SLI Scaling: DiRT 2
- SLI Scaling: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat
- SLI Scaling Summary