We keep Crysis around as a benchmark in spite of its age, simply because it continues to choke even the best gaming systems at its highest settings. Will any system ever overcome its difficulties?
Completely playable at every resolution using High quality presets, frame rates drop below our smoothness standard using Very High quality and a 2560x1600 screen resolution. We don’t need to toss in anti-aliasing (AA) to see that we’ve already exceeded this system’s practical limits.
Fallout 3 results appear strange, almost CPU-limited except at the lowest resolution. The reason it’s strange is that CPU limitations normally cut across all but the highest screen resolutions.
- AMD Still Has Game
- CPU, Motherboard, And RAM
- Graphics And Power
- Case And CPU Cooling
- Water Block Installation
- Final Assembly
- Test Settings And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Crysis And Fallout 3
- Benchmark Results: Far Cry 2 And H.A.W.X.
- Benchmark Results: World In Conflict
- Benchmark Results: A/V Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Synthetic
- Power, Heat, And Efficiency
- It’s Ready To Fight