Although the game's story has stirred controversy, this game is interesting for testing purposes as it uses a very modern version of the Quake 3 Team Arena 3D engine, which was optimized for large outdoor scenarios.
Surprisingly, the R8500 falls behind in RTCW. The Nvidia driver seems better able to handle the large outdoor areas better than the ATi driver. The ATi driver "optimization" for Quake III does not work in this game.
- RADEON 8500 Performance Check
- Graphics Cards Compared
- Our Athlon Test Rig
- Evolva - DirectX 7 Game - T&L
- Evolva Bump - DirectX 7 Game - T&L, Continued
- Giants - DirectX 7 Game - T&L
- Unreal Tournament - DirectX 7 Game
- Quake 3 - Open GL Game - T&L
- RTCW MP Test - Open GL Game - T&L
- Villagemark - DirectX 7 Benchmark - T&L
- 3D Mark 2001 - DirectX 8 Benchmark