Our Iometer streaming reads test measures sequential performance. As expected, the Vertex 3 keeps up with the Vertex 3 Pro. Opening up the pipe with an architecture designed for SATA 6Gb/s makes an enormous performance difference. Five hundred megabytes per second is amazing.
It is close enough to call this a draw. The Vertex 3 is just as fast as the Vertex 3 Pro.
Of course, it's important to point out that our Iometer test employs the easily-compressible data that helps SandForce's DuraWrite technology achieve solid performance and low write amplification. We turn next to CrystalDiskMark for more insight on less favorable random data conditions.
- Meet OCZ’s Vertex 3
- Inside OCZ's Vertex 3
- Second-Generation SandForce: It's All About Compression
- MTTF? MTBF? "My Drive Lasts Longer"
- Test Setup
- Benchmark Results: I/O Performance
- Benchmark Results: Iometer Streaming
- Benchmark Results: CrystalDiskMark Streaming Performance
- Benchmark Results: 4 KB And 512 KB Random Reads
- Benchmark Results: 4 KB And 512 KB Random Writes
- Benchmark Results: PCMark Vantage Storage Test
- Benchmark Results: Power Consumption
- Final Words